Monday, December 29, 2008

India Grill - Rockville, MD

A few weeks ago the bf and I were bored at home and decided to go out somewhere for dinner. Since the economy has been kinda rough on our pockets we decided to try somewhere affordable. We received a local magazine with coupons for restaurants, dry cleaners, etc, and decided to get Indian food since it had been so long.

India Grill is located in Richie Center off Rockville Pike. The closest metro stop would be Rockville on the red line. Since it is in a shopping center there is ample parking, however there are many other restaurants there, so parking can become a bit difficult around dinner time. There's glass surrounding 2 of the 4 walls, so it has a nice open feel. You can see the mini-white fence on the right side, which is an ourdoor patio for dining during nice weather.


What I thought was cool was that there was a glass window into the kitchen so you could see people cooking. Personally I like watching people cook, which is why I can watch food network all day long and not get bored.


This is the dining area which was very packed during dinner time. You are seeing all of the tables in the restaurant, so it is a cozy place. Random, but while we were there a small group of Christmas Carollers came in to sing, which is why there are people standing up in my photo.


When I first walked into the restaurant the aroma of the food was heavenly. If a place smells good there's a very low chance that the food will be horrible.

India Grill offers a regular menu as well as a dinner buffet. We originally were going to order off the menu, but decided on the buffet for the variety and cost. We both paid $11.99 for buffet, but if you were to only get the vegetarian dishes it would be $9.99.

The buffet had around 15 different items. This being my first buffet post, I realize that it's not easy writing about every single item because that'd take forever! So I'm going to post all of the pictures I took, but will comment on those dishes that I found most memorable.

The buffet was very clean, restocked contantly, and smelled great.


Sorry my camera was making the food blurry! It didn't know where to focus, but I figured its better to be able to read the description and remember the color of the dish because that's how I kept track of what I was eating.


The potatoes were very tender in the sauce, and the tomato based curry had gret flavor.


This was another favorite of mine. The broccoli wasn't overcooked, and the sauce was just yummy.




I enjoyed trying the dishes with both the rice and Naan, and really they both taste great. At some Indian restaurants I'm not a huge fan of their rice so I eat everything with their Naan, but I didn't have a problem at this restaurant.


One of the few meat items on the buffet.



The Mint Coriander sauce was so good. It had a nice tangy and fresh taste. I liked to put it on everything.



Onto the dessert type dishes! The rice pudding was good and sweet.


The Gulab Jamun were REALLY good. They were basically donuts in a honey-tasting syrup.


I was so full my dessert plate is tiny! So sad...


Mmmmm...


Here's what the tandoori chicked looked like. I didn't get a chance or try any, but my bf said it was a bit dry.


The bf's full plate! He likes to make the most out of a buffet.


I on the other hand can't eat that much, but I do like to taste a lot of things.


I don't know why I put the Gulab Jamun on my plate but I wanted to try it ASAP. As you can tell, I put the Mint and Coriander sauce on everything.


The restaurant was kind enough to give us some 'Saag Paneer' which is cubes of homemade cheese cooked with spinach, spices and herbs. I loved it. The spinach was very mild for those who don't like that kind of flavor, and the cheese complimented the dish with it's texture and mild flavor as well. The spices was what gave the dish great flavor.

I had a great expirience at India Grill. I noticed that the place has a lot of regulars because the manager was speaking to everyone like he had known them for years. It was a pleasure to meet the manager Mr. Luis Gomez, and if you all have been following my blog, you know that good service is a MUST in my book.

The food was flavorful and afforable, and there was much variety. I'd recommend this place for a casual night out in a cozy room that smells wonderful.

Here is the monthly magazine I found India Grill in.


We were going to use one of the coupons but decided on the buffet at the last minute and it can't be used on any buffets.


785 Rockville Pike, Suite K
Rockville, MD 20852
301-279-7700

Sunday thru Thursday:
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM - 9:30 PM
Friday and Saturday:
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM and 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Website

India Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: