Thursday, January 29, 2009

Yoyogi Sushi - Gaithersburg, MD

This is my favorite "Go-To" sushi place ever, so since I come here pretty often for lunch on the weekdays, I figured I might as well write about it!

Yoyogi Sushi is located in Gaithersburg in Kentlands Market Square. There is free street parking in the front and a free parking lot in the back. Just make sure you park in a non-numbered space. The closest Metro stop would be Shady Grove on the Red Line.

This is the front of the place (As you can tell I got the photo via their website because I walked through the back). During warm months you can eat outside and enjoy the nice weather. If you aren't a big fan of the sun, some of the tables are equipped with umbrellas.

Usually I come in through the back entrance since it faces the parking lot.


The interior in the shape of a L. It's small, cozy, and clean. Usually you can't even walk around because the place gets packed during the 'lunch rush', however my coworkers and I were having a late lunch, which is why it looks empty. Don't let the photo fool you! Lunch specials are served until 3pm.

What is nice about this place is how quickly you get your food. Not everyone has a lot of time to spare during their lunch break, so everyone can appreciate their speedy service. Another coworker of mine nicknamed the place 'Super Quick Sushi'. Literally if you're in line, you better know what you're going to order because the woman at the register is fast.

You order at the register, get a number to put on your table, and someone will bring your food to you in a few seconds to a few minutes. One time a coworker of mine ordered his meal, and his food was put on the table before he had a chance to sit down. Lightning speed! What is great is they have around 4 sushi chefs constantly rolling sushi, so you don't have to wait for your roll to be made after you order it.

For those that don't like sushi, they also office salads, noodles, noodle soups, and meat w/rice dishes.


My coworker orderered the #7 Lunch Special - Tuna roll and Yellow Tail roll for $6! This is what I usually get and I love how the fish is fresh, there isn't a lot of rice, the rice isn't old and hard, and they give big chunks of fish.


I ordered the #4 Lunch Special - Yellow Tail roll and California roll for $6 too. Mmmmm...


My coworkers both ordered a Miso soup for $1 each! How cheap! I've had it before and it's great because they give a good amount of tofu, scallions and seaweed.


My other coworker ordered a Salmon and Avocado roll off their regular menu for $4. I've had this before too and its one of my favorite.

They also provide free self-serve cold and hot water. The most expensive thing on the menu is the Sushi Deluxe (6 pc. tuna sashimi & 6 pc. sushi) entree for $15. Keep in mind this isn't a fancy-dancy sushi place with elaborate/creative rolls, because their menu offers mainly standard rolls like Eel, Philly, Spider, Tuna, etc, with around 4 special rolls.

I truly love this place. The people who work there are friendly and greet you when you come in. The server is a really sweet lady who will get you whatever you need and the rest of the staff is real helpful and efficient. The sushi is very affordable for the quality and freshness that they provide.

328 Main Street
Kentlands Shopping Center
Gaithersburg,Maryland 20878
301-963-0001
Website

Monday 11:30am – 9:30pm
Tuesday CLOSED
Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am – 9:30pm
Sunday 11:30am – 9:00pm



Yoyogi Sushi on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE yoyogi. it's so cheap...i wish there was a place like this closer to where i work in Bethesda.

grey_pumpkin said...

agreed - yoyogi is my go to sushi place i frequent there almost weekly

Marie said...

I used to go weekly too! It's been like 3 weeks now since I'm trying to bring lunch to work, but I think I'll be hitting it up when it's warm cuz since I like eating it outside