Saturday, January 29, 2011

Elevation Burger - Arlington, VA

Apparently I'm celebrating my birthday all January! My cousin bought a Living Social deal for Elevation Burger in Arlington, VA and we met up for lunch on a lazy Sunday. One of the recent fads in the area has been new burger places and this place brings something different to the table with healthier ingredients and sustainable practices. Located in a shopping center, there is parking but it gets crowded as its shared with a super market. The closest metro station is East Falls Church on the orange line.

Small interior made with sustainable items like bamboo floors, compressed sorghum tables, LED lights, recycled materials, etc. There aren't many tables, so thankfully we were able to grab one as a family was leaving.

What sets this burger place apart is the 100% USDA-certified organic, grass-fed, free-range, ground-on-premises beef. We both ordered the cheeseburger ($3.99 each). Reminded me of an In-N-Out burger because of the paper wrapping. It tastes good, the patty is thin, and isn't overly heavy or large. I ordered mine with Elevation sauce, which reminded me of McDonald's special sauce.

We ordered their freshly-cut fries ($2.59) that are fried in 100% olive oil. They're thin like McDonald's fries and have a slightly different flavor because of the olive oil but I liked them a lot. My cousin prefers them cut thicker, so I ate most of them.

We both ordered milkshakes ($3.89 each), Oreo cookie in chocolate (top) and strawberry in vanilla (bottom). I ordered black cherry in vanilla but ended up with strawberry. It was good, but tasted exactly like a McDonald's one, so I don't think it was worth the price.

Lastly to use up the rest of the deal, we got a chocolate chip oatmeal pecan cookie ($1.49). It was very dense and thick. The flavor was nice, but I wasn't a huge fan of the texture.
I enjoy supporting places that practice sustainability and offer healthier options. Besides organic beef and fries cooked in olive oil, there are veggie burgers ($3.59) and salad ($3.99). The cashier was very knowledgeable and food came out pretty fast. Prices are fair, so I'd recommend trying it if you want a lighter burger option.

2447 North Harrison St
Arlington, VA 22207
(703) 300-9467
www.elevationburger.com
Elevation Burger on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is very naturual and healthy. More and more people should eat at Elevation Burger.