Is it unfair that when I want to bake I turn to the amazing Smitten Kitchen? Perhaps I should give other bloggers a chance...eh, maybe later.
The bf loves these brownies and so do I. They may look fancy, but whip up in no time. FYI: These taste the best cold! No one likes hot cheesecake (eww) so same principle applies here.
Cheesecake-Marbled Brownies (adapted recipe from Smitten Kitchen)
1 stick (1/2 cup or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
8 ounces cream cheese, well softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (use whatever kind you want)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Heat butter and chocolate in a double-boiler (Heat an inch of water in a small pot, place a heat resistant bowl on top and let the steam melt the ingredients. No need to boil or let the bowl touch the water)
3. Remove from heat and whisk in sugar, eggs, vanilla, and a pinch of salt until well combined. Whisk in flour until just combined and spread in baking pan.
4. Whisk together cheesecake batter ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
5. Dollop over brownie batter, then swirl in with a knife or spatula. Smitten suggests folding the brownie batter over the cheesecake batter too. Works great!
6. Sprinkle white chocolate chips over the batter.
7. Bake for about 35 minutes. Chill the brownies in the refrigerator and ENJOY!