Monday, April 26, 2010

Sweetgreen- Bethesda, MD

One of my coworkers eats here every week, so when I was in Bethesda for a lazy afternoon with the bf and doggie, I grabbed lunch at Sweetgreen. It's a customizable salad and frozen yogurt place. There is a metered parking garage down the street and metered street parking that are free on the weekends.


I loved the decor. I'm a wanna-be tree hugger, so the green and bamboo inspired decor was nice. There isn't much seating aside from 2 benched tables, and a small round table. There are a couple tables and benches outside, which is where we ate lunch.


Their menu consists of signature salads, mix-your-own, soups and tart frozen yogurt. If you create your own salad, you get to choose greens, 3 veggies, a crunch a dressing for $6. Add a meat for $2-3 and cheese for $1.
They have some unique salad items like brie, mint, baked falafel, wasabi peas, and black truffle oil. Their tart frozen yogurt is $2-$7 and each topping is $.50.


It was too overwhelming for me to pick, so I went with the 'Guacamole Greens (mesclun with roasted chicken, avocado, grape tomatoes, red onion, crushed tortilla chips; topped with a lime cilantro jalapeno vinaigrette & a fresh lime squeeze) for $9.50.It was a really good salad. It was large enough that I could only finish 2/3 of it and gave the rest to the bf. I like onions, but I could've done with a little bit less.


The line was very long, kind of slow. The portions are large but seriously, close to $10 for a salad is expensive. I didn't get to try the yogurt, but I saw a lot of people buying it. There is a separate line if you just want froyo. I would come back because it tasted good, but I couldn't afford to make it a routine visit. Apparently there's a Sweetgreen truck too!

4831 Bethesda Ave
Bethesda, MD 20814
(301) 654-7336
Website
Mon - Sun: 11am - 10pm

SweetGreen on Urbanspoon

No comments: