Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ricky's Rice Bowl- Gaithersburg, MD

Hi Everyone! It's been a while since I've posted. Life gets in the way sometimes, haha. Anyway, one day during my lunch hour I decided to try out Ricky's Rice Bowl in Gaithersburg and shot pics with my Iphone. The closest metro stop would be Shady Grove on the red line. It's located in Gaithersburg Square and there is plenty of free parking.

There are a few tables outside so you can enjoy the nice weather while you eat. 


It's your regular, casual lunch spot where you order up front, get a number, wait 5 minutes then pick up your food when your number is called. 


The decor isn't anything special but there are a lot of tables. All utensils, sauces and napkins are located in an island in the middle of the dining room. 


The main part of the menu consists of 18 different bowls of rice with different meats (chicken, steak, fish) and sauces (teriyaki, Seoul, peanut, curry, sesame garlic). You can order one of two sizes, and substitute for brown rice for a small fee, if you'd prefer. 

I ordered the regular size bowl of '#5: Curry Chicken Bowl- Mild Japanese curry sauce, grilled chicken, rice and veggies' for $5.95. There was a lot of food in the bowl. I actually didn't finish it! So it's a good price since you get a lot of chicken and rice. The taste was a bit bland compared to the Japanese curry I've had a few times in the past. I would've preferred more sauce too, but that's also an extra 50 cents.  


It is a place geared towards a quick lunch, so I shouldn't have expected it to be the best rice bowl. Maybe their Chicken Teriyaki is better since I'm sure it's the most popular and is listed 1st on the menu.  
544 N Frederick Ave
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(301) 963-2695

No comments: