Monday, July 20, 2009

4th of July- Pesto and Brie Grilled Cheese

Hi Everyone! OMG, it's like 2 weeks after 4th of July =) Anyway, I was at my cousin's place and we were all told to bring something for our 4th of July BBQ. I checked out another blog I enjoy called Macheesmo for some recipe ideas. Nick takes beautiful photos of the dishes he makes, which helps someone like me to understand the steps. I decided to make a version of his Pesto and Brie Grilled Cheese since it would be easy to prepare and make.


Ingredients:
One cream Brie
Loaf of sourdough bread
Store-bought pesto
Light mayonnaise
Freshly Ground Pepper
Butter

Cut of the cheese rind, slice the brie and place it on top of a buttered and mayo-ed slice of bread. The other slice has the pesto and pepper. Place slices together on a pan and squish until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.

It tasted really good, however I don't think I did it right. Next time I'd use a fattier Brie since it didn't really melt. I even put them on the grill in foil to help the cheese melt, but it didn't do much. I also don't think I put enough butter.  


There's nothing better than the '3 F's' - Food, Fresh Air, and Friends.


My friend hand-made the burgers, which were really moist. They had carrots in them!


We also made brownie sundaes at the end of the meal. 


We saw fireworks at a local high school at the end of the night.


Hope you guys had a good 4th of July (I know this is late)!

No comments: