Monday, February 15, 2010

Seattle's Best Coffee- Kensington, MD

My good friend Evil Ben took me to his favorite coffee establishment, which happens to be Seattle's Best Coffee. I actually think this is my former college roommate Elahater's favorite place too. I've never had their coffee and decided to give it a shot.

The one we went to is located inside of the Borders Bookstore inside of White Flint Mall in Kensington. I don't believe they have any freestanding stores in the DC area.

There were a lot of tables with people reading, studying and using their laptops while drinking their coffee. We ended up sitting near the magazines so we could read and drink.


We ordered a 'Vanilla Iced Coffee' and it was really good. I didn't have to add any more sugar or cream. There was no bitterness to the coffee like Starbucks is known to have. You could tell the ice was filtered because of its clarity. It was a refreshing beverage and I'm glad my friend recommended it.


We also split an 'Asiago Cheese Soft Pretzel' which was a very light snack to go with the coffee. It wasn't greasy at all, which can happen when you add cheese to anything.


Overall, I had a great experience with their coffee, which makes me want to try other places outside of Starbucks. Sorry I don't have the prices, since Evil Ben was being a gentleman. It is also nice that you can bring your coffee/food around the bookstore so you can spend a quiet afternoon eating and reading for free.

Inside Borders Bookstore
11301 Rockville Pike
Kensington, MD 20895

No comments: