Sunday, October 3, 2010

Z Burger - Tenleytown, DC

Nothing like eating junk food after exercising, even if I am putting back the calories I just lost! The bf, doggie and I were hungry after our walk at the National Arboretum. On our drive home, we stopped by Z Burger for some fattie grub. There is only street parking available. The closest metro stop is Tenleytown-AU on the red line.

The colors remind me McD's actually, except they incorporate a lot of stainless steel too. It gives me a 80's movie feel.

They have a big outdoor seating area, which is surrounded on 3 sides, so it makes you feel like you're eating inside but not.

We obviously ate outside because of this big baby.

They have a fairly simple menu consisting of burgers, hot dogs, cheesesteaks, fries/onion rings, and milkshakes.

Their milkshake menu is what drew me to this place - 75 flavors! I got a 'regular-sized Marshmellow' for $3.39. It's very thick and has a nice consistency. I would've preferred a toasted marshmallow flavor, because it almost tasted tropical? I don't know why, but it was good either way.

We shared some 'Onion rings' for $2.89. This thing was HUGE! The rings are the size of my hand, and were just too much to finish. We weren't big fans of the batter, which reminded me of funnel cake. I prefer flakier batter.

We also shared a 'Double Hamberger' for $4.49. It was good, however I didn't find it special. The meat was more dense and less seasoned. We topped out burger with lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mayo and sautéed onions. If I were to compare it to another burger place, it reminds me of a Five Guys, which I prefer more.
If you love milkshakes, this place has every flavor you could imagine. They have a good number of free toppings, and the food is affordable. Our order was ready in a timely fashion, but if I were to go back, it would be only for a milkshake.

4321 Wisconsin Ave NW
Washington, DC 20016
(202) 966-1999
http://www.zburger.com/
Z Burger on Urbanspoon

No comments: