Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sticky Fingers - Columbia Heights, DC

On our way to the "Secret Taqueria" (my next post), my friends and I met up at vegan bakery Sticky Fingers so we could all be together before our quest. The area around the bakery is developing and is actually really cute with many new restaurants and stores. There is neighborhood street parking, but your best bet would be the Columbia Heights metro station on the green line.

Isn't it adorable? It is a small place with 2 rooms. The front is for ordering and picking up your food/drinks. The room to the left is the dining area. They offer free wifi, so there was a good number of people chilling on their laptops that Saturday afternoon.

I love looking at delicious food on display! All of the products sold are 100% vegan (no animal derived ingredients), are primarily sweetened with evaporated cane sugar and made with non-hydrogenated oils. These items are not only great for those that don't believe in eating animal or animal derived ingredients, they are also healthier. The lack of dairy and eggs lower the saturated fat content and eliminate cholesterol in the products. Those with nut and gluten allergies can find items there too.

Aside from the items on display, you may also purchase cakes, sandwiches, pre-made entrees, hot food, sides, non-alcoholic drinks, coffee and soft-serve!

I didn't want to ruin my appetite, so I just ordered a 'Caramel Latte' (forgot the price). Plus it was freezing outside, so this cute drink kept me toasty. I enjoyed my drink and actually forgot it was made with soy milk.
I think this place is charming, and if I had more time I would have tried the food because I'm sure it's as good as it looks. The staff was really laid-back, and friendly. I will still be ordering my coffee with milk, but I didn't mind the soy milk. I find that because of the variety of items offered, this would be a great place for someone to try vegan food if they were scared to before.

1370 Park Rd NW
Washington, DC 20010
(202) 299-9700
www.stickyfingersbakery.com
Sticky Fingers Bakery on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Cindy Cotte Griffiths said...

With food allergies in my home, this is the only bakery for me. The full sheet cakes and cupcakes melt in your mouth. The icings are light and not too sweet. This is the absolute best bakery I have discovered which doesn't use dairy and eggs. She has developed the most perfect recipes scientifically even!

Doug K said...

I love Sticky Fingers. Their Cowvin Bars are awesome...oatmeal 'cream' bars. So good