Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Restaurant Deals on Groupon and LivingSocial

Hi everyone! Recently my coworker told me about these new websites called Groupon and LivingSocial that offer a different deal every weekday on all things in the DC area. They range from activities, sporting events, spas, restaurants, etc.

What's interesting is how it works. The deal is usually 50% off whatever, for example, a meal. You then say you'd like to buy the deal. However the only way you can get this deal is if the required number of buyers (changes depending on the item) is met. You do have to give them your credit card, but it will only be charged if everyone gets the deal.

I paid $25 for $50 worth of food at Co Co Sala, which can be redeemed anytime before the end of the year. How awesome is that? You get an email with the deal to print out.

Both of these sites work the same way, but they offer different things everyday. Someone let me know if there are others out there like this.

For anyone thinking I'm promoting these sites because I'm working for them or anything, I'm not. I really think they're innovative sites that can get you deals at DC restaurants!

https://deals.livingsocial.com/

http://www.groupon.com/washington-dc

2 comments:

Liam D said...

Hi There Dskco!

I'm the product manager for LivingSocial Deals and I wanted to thank you for recognizing the value add of services like the one we provide and for purchasing the Co Co. Sala deal! We're working hard to keep providing awesome deals to DC, and we'll also be launching in New York and Boston shortly!

Should you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to contact us at deals@livingsocial.com! We'd love to hear your suggestions on places you'd like to see on our list!

Liam

Sang Ahn said...

You have a food blog and you never thought to send me a link or something?! Geez!