Thursday, October 29, 2009

Morton's- Bethesda, MD

Hi Everyone! I told myself I wasn't going to write about national restaurant chains, but I had a great experience at Morton's Steakhouse and thought "oh what the heck" so I'll blog about it anyway.

The bf and I were trying to decide on a place for our 5 year anniversary (we're going to Co Co Sala), and I came across a deal at Morton's for $99 for two people, which includes 2 appetizers, 2 surf and turf entrees, 2 sides, and 2 desserts. Such a good deal!

Located in Bethesda attached to the Hyatt Regency hotel, they offer valet parking and expensive garage parking. Since the Bethesda metro stop (red line) is pretty much across the street, there are a lot of metro parking garages.

The interior of Morton's is very classy. Lots of wood, low lighting and wine bottles everywhere.


The prices I'm listing are the actual a la carte prices. The bf got the 'Sliced Beefsteak Tomato- Purple onion, and Vinaigrette'($11). He thought it meant there was steak on there =) I ordered the 'Chopped Salad- Iceberg lettuce, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts, bacon, blue cheese, chopped egg, purple onion, tomato, and avocado with a Dijon mustard vinaigrette'($11.50). I thought it was mediocre. Perhaps not enough flavor.


The bf ordered the 'Cajun Ribeye Steak'($43) with a 'Jumbo Lump Crab Cake'. I tried his steak and it was AMAZING! Very juicy and flavorful. The crab cake wasn't anything special though.


I ordered the 'Filet Mignon'($39) with 'Bacon-wrapped Scallops'. My filet mignon wasn't too flavorful and is a leaner cut of meat, so I actually prefered the ribeye. The scallops were very good since I love scallops and bacon, so together is the perfect pair.


For our sides we ordered 'Creamed Spinach'($11) and 'Macaroni & Cheese'($11). They were both delicious. There was probably a ton of butter in each of the sides, but it gave them so much flavor.


For dessert the bf got the 'Chocolate Lava Cake' and I ordered the 'Key Lime Pie'($10). We actually only ate the lava cake in the restaurant and took the pie home since we were stuffed. Both were great choices and yummy.


Overall most of the food was amazing. Some items were mediocre, but nothing was bad. The onion bread they gave is as we were waiting for our food was really good and fresh. The service was IMPECCABLE! Someone was always asking how we were doing, water glasses were constantly being filled (the bf is a camel), our server was so helpful with the menu...just everything. Our server even noticed that I had my camera with me and asked if it was for a special occasion, and it was kind of an early anniversary dinner, so they offered to take a picture of us and put it in a cardboard frame. It was so nice of them! Morton's is a very expensive place, but definitely worth it for a special occasion.

7400 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
Phone: 301-657-2650
Website

Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 11pm
Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm
Sunday 5pm - 10pm

Morton's - the Steakhouse on Urbanspoon

No comments: