Monday, October 26, 2009

One Year/Capital Food Fight/Metropolitan Cooking Show

Time flies! I almost forgot today has been my first full year of Lunching in the DMV! It's been such a fun year doing what I enjoy.
A little history behind it: I used to have a makeup blog and realized that all of my money was actually going towards food. When going out to eat, I was taking pictures of my food anyway because I loved how it looked. I then decided to blog about where I was eating in order to help other people decide on places to try.
Thank you everyone so much for your comments, suggestions, and just stopping by to read. Thank you Cindy at RockvilleCentral.com for featuring my Rockville posts on your site, and to everyone that has linked me on their site.


The Capital Food Fight is an event I'd LOVE to go to, but it's a bit expensive. I'm still debating. 5 chefs are battling against one another, there is an auction going on, as well as 60 local restaurants participating in a tasting buffet for those attending. This is to raise money for DC's Central Kitchen.

Capitol Food Fight 2009
November 11, 2009
6pm-8:30pm
The Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20004
$175

Battling Chefs:
Barton Seaver (Hook, TackleBox)
Michael Mina (Bourboun Steak)
Mike Isabella (Zaytinya)
Tracy O'Grady (Willow)
Bryan Voltaggio (Volt)

Hosts:
José Andrés (Café Atlantico, Jaleo, Zaytinya, Oyamel)
Anthony Bourdain (Travel Channel's No Reservations)
Ted Leonsis (America Online)

Judges:
Ted Allen (Food Network's Chopped)
Eric Ripert (multiple awards from the James Beard Foundation)
Carla Hall (Alchemy Caterers)
Jonathan Umbel (Hook, TackleBox)

I will be going to The 2009 Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show. 200 vendors, local and celebrity chefs doing live cooking demonstrations, seminars, tastings, etc! I got tickets to go Saturday, and will be seeing Giada De Laurentiis cooking!

2009 Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining Show
Saturday November 7, 2009 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Sunday November 8, 2009 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
$20 General Admission
$45 - $74.50 for celebrity demonstrations (includes general admission)
Walter E. Washington Convention Center
801 Mount Vernon Place, N.W.
Washington, DC 20001

Food Network Stars:
Paula Dean
Giada De Laurentiis
Guy Fieri
The Neely's
Tylar Florance
Jamie & Bobby Dean

No comments: