Antioxidant-rich blue goodness. My grandpa has been eating blueberries everyday for years and he's healthy at 86 years old! So when I saw how cheap they were this the summer, I went ahead and bought 4 lbs. I then realized there are only so many you can eat and give to the dog before they go bad. So I found the easiest recipe that used ingredients I already had in my house.
To Die For Blueberry Muffins
Ingredients for Muffins
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
Ingredients for Crumb Topping
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture.
3. Fold in blueberries.
4. Use an ice cream scoop to make even portions in the liners.
5. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. (You will probably only use a third to half of the mixture).
6. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. (Mine baked for 25 minutes).
Very fast, simple recipe. This was the 1st time I had this cinnamon/sugar topping on a blueberry muffin, but it was good. I actually liked them better the next day for breakfast!