The bf and I were recently invited to try Seven Seas' Afternoon Tea held daily from noon to 6:30pm for $12.99 per person. This includes: 2 Appetizers, 2 Entrees, 1 Dessert and 1 Pot of Premium Tea. Holy crap that is a deal! Granted the entree portions are about half the size, but you get to try a variety. Check out the first time we were here.
We were lucky enough to eat with the owners, their awesome daughters and marketing specialist. Many items pictured below will not show the Afternoon Tea sizes. Might I add, there was a TON of food.
1. Seaweed - Different than the Japanese kind that you see everywhere.
2. Marinated Shredded Tofu - Really cool how it stays firm enough to hold that shape.
3. Tofu, Fish, Peanut and Soy Sauce - I love soft tofu, so this was great with the sauce.
4. Spicy Shellfish - Nice texture that I didn't expect.
5. Pan Fried Turnip Cake - Loved the soft inside and crispy outside.
6. Hot & Spicy Wonton - One of the best wontons I've ever had.
7. Chili Chicken - Spicy for me but nice flavor. One of their signature dishes.
8. Sliced Lamb with Cilantro - The bf HATES lamb and he loved this dish. That says something.
9. Double Cooked Pork - I don't remember eating much of this...
10. Crispy Eggplant - Comes with a nice dipping sauce.
11. Crispy Beef with Mango - One of my favorites! The texture is crispy and you can taste the caramelization.
12. Sesame Chicken - Not heavy or overly breaded.
Shanghai Steamed Buns - The outside was thicker than I expected but great filling.
Cobia with Garlic - Didn't break apart, nice unique flavor.
Purple Rice Pudding with Coconut Milk - Similar consistency to sticky rice, and the coconut milk is awesome.
Green Tea Ice Cream - You can never go wrong with ice cream.
As much food as their was, I didn't feel gross afterwards. The food is high quality, not heavy and all tasted unique. I learned a lot about Chinese culture, what authentic means via a "heart ruler" (how a dish measures up to your childhood memories of your mom's cooking), was introduced to the rarely seen Taiwanese fish Cobia, and just little things about how a restaurant is run. Thanks again to the Seven Seas family!
1776 East Jefferson St # 112
Rockville, MD 20852