Monday, March 22, 2010

NYC Noodle Weekend

A few weeks ago I was in NYC to visit my friend NV and to get some other things done. We always eat at some great places whenever I'm in the Big Apple. This trip I didn't have much free time, but we were able to fit in two delicious noodle soup meals.

Mee Noodle Shop and Grill
922 2nd Ave and 49th St.
(212) 888-1546

We stopped by for a quick bite since we were in the area. There are a couple of these restaurants in the city.

Small place, but I love that about NYC. TONS of tiny places with great food. The menu is big and has items other than noodles too.

Sat right next to the kitchen. Less distance for the food to travel =)

We both ordered soup. There are 7 kinds of noodles you can order, and then you tell them what kind of meat/toppings. I ordered the 'Mandarin Noodles with Duck' for $6.45. Duck is one of the best things on earth. I can't believe how cheap it was! I was stuffed and finished about 90% of my bowl.

My friend ordered the 'Spinach Noodles with Fish Balls and Wonton' for $6.50.

Mee Noodle Shop & Grill on Urbanspoon
Udon West
11 Saint Marks Pl
(212) 353-3888

For our late night meal with a bunch of friends, we went to the East Village location because the Midtown one was closed for the night.

Most of the restaurant is their bar seating, which was full. You can see them cooking right in front of you.

We sat in the back at a table. The place is very narrow, but I love how it looks.

I ordered the 'Kiki-Age: Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura Udon' for $6.95. OMG isn't it beautiful? It tasted great, and I ate the entire thing.

My friend NV ordered the 'Curry Set- Curry and Udon Soup' for 8.95. That's a good deal for both! I love Japanese curry over rice.

Everyone at the table ordered a 'Calpico' drink. I had never heard of it before. It's a lightly carbonated yogurt drink for $2. Quite refreshing.

Menus with pictures are the best!

Udon West on Urbanspoon

I love NYC and try to go every 6 months. So much food everywhere! Hope to get back there again in the summer when it's warmer.

No comments: