Friday, March 25, 2011

Phillips Seafood - Rockville, MD

"There's a Phillips Seafood in Rockville?" Yezzir there is. I was recently invited to try some of their signature items along with Girl Meets Food, Johnna Knows Good Food and Cheap Eats in Charm City. It's nice to be with other people that know you can't eat until pictures of the food have been taken! There is plenty of parking in front and behind the building. The closest metro stop is Twinbrook on the red line.

Phillips is known for their Maryland blue crabs, crab cakes and buffet. However, there is no buffet here, so hit up the Washington DC location if that's what you want. Rockville's is an upscale seafood restaurant. The atmosphere is more conservative, and quiet.

$4 Happy Hour is all-day Sunday, and 4 - 7pm Monday - Friday. I ordered a mojito, which was ok. I would've preferred it sweeter with the mint leaves more muddled.

Executive Chef Arra Lawson was very personable and I enjoyed having him around our table telling us stories and teaching about seafood.

Isn't this gorgeous? We started off with the Chilled Sampler (king crab legs, oysters, clams, jumbo lump crab, shrimp cocktail, tuna tartare) for $28.99. Everything tasted very fresh, but what stood out to me was the tuna tartare. It was in a spectacular sauce.

We got to try the Steamed Mojito Clams (fresh garlic, chiles, lime and cilantro) for $9.99. It's a delicate dish with a lot of ginger.

The Famous Chesapeake Crab Cakes for $28.99. SO GOOD. All jumbo lump crab meat with minimal filler (secret: no bread crumbs). These reminded me of my childhood. I'm from MD baby!

We got to try the Key Lime Pie, Kentucky Bourbon Pie, Chocolate Lava Cake, and Black and White Chocolate Mousse Espresso. I enjoyed the Bourbon pie and Mousse Espresso the most.

These Crabby Nuts were in our gift bags! The bf killed the entire thing in about 1.5 days.

Thank you to Phillips Seafood for the invitation. Check out the specials they offer like $4 Happy Hour, 1/2 price wine bottles on Thursdays, $19.99 lobsters on Mondays and $2 Oysters Rockefeller on Sundays.

1775 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852-1621
(301) 881-4793
Phillips Seafood on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Mary said...

Those crabby nuts are awesome! Dangerously addictive.

Twinbrook Mom said...

If you're looking for typical Phillips food, you will be disappointed. While the food was good when I ate there, I found the restaurant overpriced and pretentious. I'll drive to DC or Baltimore for my next Phillips fix.