Sunday, April 18, 2010

Bake Sale Recap/ Port City Java- Eastern Market, DC

Yesterday was my 1st time at Eastern Market.

Other then it being super windy, it was a nice day to walk around, check out the vendors, sell baked goods and sip on some coffee.


The night before I made 3 different kinds of pound cake for the sale using the original Cream Cheese Pound Cake recipe as my starting point. I made: Almond with Kahlua Glaze, Lemon & Poppy Seed with Lemon Glaze and Chocolate Chip with Peanut Butter Glaze.


Look at our little table! Earlier in the day the treats filled the underside of the table too. We raised over $600 for Share Our Strength, yey! Nationwide, all of the bake sales collectively raised over $16,500. Thank you everyone that came out and supported! It was a fun time meeting other bloggers and yelling out "Bake Sale" for a couple hours, haha.


Before my bake sale shift, I stopped by Port City Java on the corner to help wake me up. It's a tiny coffee shop that has a couch and a lot of outdoor seating.


I ordered a grande 'Iced Vanilla Coffee' for $2.92. Refreshing and I didn't have to add any sugar to it.


There were so many people and cute doggies that day. I'll definitely come back with mine whenever the weather is nice.
Port City Java on Urbanspoon

No comments: