Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sala Thai- Bethesda, MD

I bought a $20 for $40 worth of food at Sala Thai deal from LivingSocial a few weeks ago, so I took my dad and bf to lunch on Sunday. I was so mad at myself because I was rushing to print out the deal that I forgot my camera. So here's another Iphone post, sorry!

You can't miss this restaurant while driving down Woodmont Ave. I've driven by it so many times because it's located on a street corner. The parking situation is either metered parking or a metered garage a block north, which are all free on the weekends.
I love the huge bay window we sat next to. It adds a nice circular feel to the restaurant, which has a second floor too.
The bf and I ordered a 'Thai Tea' for $2.95. It's one of my favorite drinks, but this one seemed more creamy than usual.
They have a big menu with weekday lunch prices and dinner prices for some of their items. We each ordered a dish, but ended up sharing them. Every dish came with a small bowl of rice too.

My dad ordered the 'Chicken Lemongrass (Sliced chicken sauteed with bell pepper, garlic in yellow lemongrass sauce) for $11.95. I found it to be slightly bland and I wish there was more sauce.
I ordered the 'Panang Gai (Chicken in peanut curry sauce) for $10.95. Usually Penang is spicy, but this wasn't spicy at all. I also wish there was more sauce.
The bf ordered the 'Wild Pork (Stir-fried sliced pork in red curry sauce and tomato with fresh pepper) for 11.95. This dish was AMAZING. The pork was so tender, there were fresh peppercorns and a really nice sauce with the tomatoes. I loved it because it had a great balance of flavor.

The service was really nice, I thought the place was cute. Perhaps we didn't order the right dishes because I thought the chicken dishes were slightly bland. The pork however was very special. Water glasses were constantly refilled, and the music was really cool house. They have a live jazz band playing Thursday-Saturday nights.

4828 Cordell Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814-3011
(301) 654-4676
Website

Mon-Thu: Sun 11am - 10pm
Fri-Sat: 11am - 11pm

Sala Thai on Urbanspoon

No comments: