Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy Uncle- Germantown, MD

The IT guys at work invited me to lunch and we went to a Chinese restaurant that one of their aunt's recommended. It's located in a very quiet neighborhood shopping center with plenty of parking. It's kind of far from any metro but the closest one would be Shady Grove on the red line.
The place is a good size, and kind of looks like it was an Italian place back in the day. They offer a lunch buffet: 3 entrees, rice or lo mein for $6.40 from their front counter. You can also order off of the regular menu, or order one of their lunch special deals.
I ordered off of the menu and got the 'Sesame Beef' for $7. It was a large portion, but it tasted very smokey and salty. I ate 1/2 of it, took the rest back because I'm not a fan of wasting food, but I wasn't feeling too great, so I ended up not eating it for dinner.
My other coworkers said their wonton soups were too watery, the shrimp on the buffet was too salty, the sweet and sour chicken was too sugary, and eggrolls and lo mein were mediocre. The service was fast and nice but it wasn't busy at all. There were a lot of staff kind of standing around. Food wasn't great, so I'm not sure if I'll be coming back.

18022 Mateny Rd
Germantown, MD 20874
(301) 515-0018
Website

Mon-Thurs: 11am-9pm
Fri: 11am-10pm
Sat: 11:30am-10pm
Sun: 11:30am-9pm

Happy Uncle on Urbanspoon

No comments: